Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Phillies Beat the Dodgers!

I know, baseball season is officially over since my mighty Gigantes are done for the season. Timmy's back in Seattle and the Panda is home in Venezuela. I don't know where anybody else went - they didn't say. Probably some sports bar somewhere, nursing a beer and rooting against the Dodgers. Its what any sensible person would do.

The thing is that there is this technicality called the post season and the Phillies just beat the Dodgers in it. Yay. It was a good game and there were some players worth watching, not just for their athletic abilities. Now, I adore my little Giants because they are cute and I mean that in a totally mommy way. A couple of these Phillies, though, are cute in a majorly cougar way.

It was a fun game to watch. Jayson Werth is a complete biscuit until he opens his mouth which he did in a post-game interview. Now if he had sounded even remotely intelligent, I might have suggested a trip to the World Series. Fortunately for our finances, although he looks like a Mercedes, he sounds like a Yugo, and that was a bit of a disappointment. Still, major eye candy...

There's also one of my favorite lounge lizard names on the Phillies. Shane Victorino. Not his first name, Shane which is relatively normal, but Victorino. If you turn it into two names you get "Now playing on the main stage - put your hands together for Vic Torino!" He would then bust into a cheesy rendition of "Volare" or "That's Why the Lady is a Tramp".

Cole Hamels is another weird one. If you misspeak, it becomes Hole Camels which is pretty funny. Like the entire camel as opposed to Camel Holes which are only a small parts of the camel or large empty areas in the ground shaped like ungulates.

Anyway... now the Phillies go to the World Series. If I can't root for my Giants with Timmy and the Panda, I'll have to cheer on the Phillies with Jayson, the Lizard and a Hole. It won't be my favorite but it will have to do.

1 comment:

  1. Liz, I really enjoy your blog. I tried to sign up a couple of times and had a difficult time ... but tonight success! You have a great sense of humour!

    ReplyDelete