Thursday, October 15, 2009

Harmony Between Woman, Nature and Food

After I got Lefty worked on yesterday (she's fine -the lump was a cyst), I was being driven home in my Toyota and I got to thinking. My Corolla is about 10 years old - kind of middle aged for one of our cars - and she's running well for the most part. The problem she's having is that her peripherals are starting to fall apart.

The passenger's side interior door handle is coming apart. It works. But you have to handle it with care. The rear view mirror is loose and you have to adjust it up so it will fall to where you need it. Her clock always runs about 4 minutes fast. Even if you set it, it will run forward until its four minutes fast. All in all my Toyota is a great little car, though - her engine runs like a top and her brakes are aces.

I was riding along, stoned out of my gourd, when I suddenly realized - I'm becoming a Toyota! I mean, my engine is (mostly) in pretty good shape. My brain (usually) works. All the important stuff is functional, its the peripherals that are giving me trouble. Sprained my flipping finger disciplining my kitten. Got a cyst in my boob. Had to get work done on the plumbing to keep me from being anemic. Had a stroke and a mini heart attack.

Well, I've started trying to take better care of myself. I started before I realized I was a Toyota , but I'm going to continue with a vengeance. Only the best fuel for this engine. Whole grains, lots of fruit and vegetables, low fat (yawn ), no sugar (zzzz), lots of water - I have GOT to stop thinking when I'm stoned...Geez, what do they put in that stuff anyway? I mean, yes, I am a great little broad and my engine runs like a top but, please, if I don't eat fun food (low octane) from time to time, I'll go nuts. Mmmmm, nuts - covered in chocolate. I'm better off when I'm a Toyota...But its more fun to be a Yugo.


There's got to be a place somewhere between a Toyota and a Yugo for me to settle. I think maybe I'll be a Chevy of some kind. You know, not the most reliable but not a POS either. And I'll be able to put low grade fuel in from time to time. I won't last forever like a Toyota but I'll last long enough. Awesome! Keep my motor runnin' and have fun, too! Lovin' life - and I'm not even stoned!!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad it all went well & it's all good news! No fun at all, though, as I know first hand (boob).
    Sharol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really glad you had good news today! Must be the beginning of that different karma you were talking about earlier. It is definitely time.
    Cam
    PS: LOVE your writing!!!

    ReplyDelete