Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fat Camp

The hub and I just got back from Fat Camp. Its really called Medical Weight Management Class but we like to get down to the nitty gritty so we call it Fat Camp. Now, since we started last March, he has lost 65 pounds an I have lost 55. That's 120 pounds! We've lost an eighth grader! Or a Saint Bernard. Anyway, now that we've lost the flab, the problem is keeping it at bay. See, its not really lost so much as its hiding.

Yes, its hiding there on my hips. Vestigial shelves that were on their way to being wide enough to balance a cup of coffee on. Its hiding on my hubby's belly waiting to obscure his view of his feet. Its there on my thighs, ready to chafe at a moment's notice.

We started this weight management plan on a liquid diet for four months. We dropped the lard like it was hot, but now we're trying to assimilate regular food into our lives. The flab loves it! It wants more and more and more....My flab loves carbs. It entices me by dangling bread, crackers and pasta in front of my brain. It wants to get big again and we are trying with all our might to keep it small(er).

That flab is very sneaky stuff - today it teased me with an oatmeal cookie. With raisins. Dipped in chocolate. Under ice cream, nuts and whipped cream. See, I think the flab really didn't want to go away -I got rid of it. It feels good, but sometimes the flab is stronger than I am. Even though I've been working out and I know the flab never lifted a fat cell.

The battle is joined. My problem is that Flab's ammo is stuff I encounter in everyday life. My ammo is lack of Flab's ammo. Its a real connundrum. A riddle wrapped in an enigma sprinkled with bacon bits, dipped in ranch...Oh crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment