Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cute Shoes / Cruel Shoes

What is it about cuteness? I mean it makes sense when we're talking about baby clothes and itty bitty shoes and sockies. Now those are so cute you could get a cavity. And little kid clothes are cute, too. Tiny little stubby pants and sweet tiny dresses are adorable, right?

I bought my daughter a dress today that is really cute. She is 24. The dress is adorable and with some colorful tights and a cute top, she'll be even more darling. Her clothes aren't stubby or itty bitty but they're still cute. When do we outgrow cute? I got a new sweater today that is...well...cute but that's OK because all my old clothes were so much bigger that my new clothes look little in comparison. So they're cute.

The sad thing is that my new bras are also much smaller than my old ones and therefore - cute. I hate that, and I can't store packs of gum in them any more. Plus, I have to find a new place to put my keys when I don't want to carry my purse and I'm wearing leggings with no pockets. Hey, it happens sometimes.

I also wore a pair of shoes the other day that I had owned for a long time, but never worn. I got them on ebay and they didn't fit when I got them but of course I held on to them. They fit now, and they're really cute, so I decided to break them in so I can wear them whenever I want. Now I have flayed skin on both my heels that even giant, super thick sports band-aids can't cushion. There will probably be scarring, but that will go with the scars I got from my birthday shoes which were really painful - but really, really cute.

I've gotta say that I do have teeny, tiny little feet so I wear very small shoes. So they're cute just by smallness default. Before I had kids, my feet measured out to a 4 1/2 E and once a shoe salesman measured them and actually started laughing. I asked him what was so funny and he said "You have no toes!" After I proved him wrong by kicking his ass, he sold me a pair of shoes. They were really comfy and so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment