Sunday, February 7, 2010

Show Me the Way to the Vomitorium

So I know bulimia is a bad thing, but right now it sounds like a viable option. I promised myself I could eat whatever I want today and I discovered something about myself. I'm a freakin' pig! The sister unit brought shrimp balls which wasn't entirely her idea. See, she brought them last year and I might have insinuated that I wouldn't let her in the house unless she brought them again.

She brought them. I might have implied (OK - I insisted) that she should bring lots of them. She did - two dozen! When you imagine shrimp balls, you might think of something tiny. You'd be wrong because these suckers are HUGE. Like the size of elephant balls. I guess - I've never actually seen an elephant's balls - but I bet they're big...

Anyway, I got so excited when I saw them, uh, her, that I grabbed the box, snatched out one of the orbs of shrimpy deliciousness and took a big bite. I didn't process what she was saying until I realized that my mouth was on fire. What she was saying was "Careful, they might be hot." Yep. They were hot. There's skin sloughing off the inside of my mouth as I type. But they were good!

So good that I ate a whole bunch more. I was in Heaven. And Hell - what with the blisters in my mouth and all. I ate a bunch of therapeutic potato chips because I figured that the salt would be healing. I'm not sure what all the M&Ms were supposed to accomplish but I ate a bunch of them, too. Plus, I frosted the brownies which were yummy!

The chili con queso was delicious, too. I don't understand the chemistry of the whole thing, but when you melt 2 pounds of Velveeta with 2 cans of chili con carne (no beans) it becomes an entity in and of itself. Add Frito scoops, which act like little crunchy bowls. I've heard there's a similar chemical reaction when you fry Twinkies. I've never had those. Maybe next Super Bowl Sunday...

We cleaned up after the party which is smart since everything is still moist and rinse-off-able and you don't have to use a chisel to clean your dishes. Everything that people left behind we tossed in the trash. The leftover M&Ms and brownies are going to the hub's work on Tuesday where they will be gobbled down like chickens eat snails.

I heard where over 10 billion calories are ingested every Super Bowl Sunday in America. I believe it. We put away about 5 billion in our house alone. I also understand that there was a football game on, too. I think the Saints won which is cool for New Orleans. Not good for my tum tum, though. I'm trying to wait up until I don't feel full otherwise I have bad dreams. At this point, I might go to sleep sometime next week - or dream about giant snails eating me in a chicken suit...

No comments:

Post a Comment