Saturday, January 16, 2010

Smart Ideas, Dumb Ideas

I'm sitting here watching the Indianapolis/Baltimore football game. I specified that it was football because I know that some of my readers don't know this. They are not dumb, just uninformed. A dumb move is when you have all the information you need but make a ridiculous choice anyway. Joe Flacco just made a dumb throw but whoever named the Ravens was really smart. They were named after that Edgar Allen Poe poem and he's from Baltimore. Cool - huh? And smart.

Peyton is kind of a sissy name (not smart) but Peyton Manning is a really smart football player. According to the announcers everything Manning does is brilliant. He even probably thoroughly plans and executes his trips to the potty! I enjoy watching him play football but the other thing? Not that interested...

My son and his sweetie got me and the hub tickets to the Star Trek exhibit at The Tech in San Jose for Christmas. That was smart. They know we're nerdy and we'd have fun. We did. We got our picture taken in the captain's chair and the transporter and we got to ride in the simulator. We are such nerds. Our son is smart. So is our daughter but she didn't feed the geek this year. She clothed us.

Whoever invented Advantage flea repellent is smart. So is the person who came up with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail polish - that stuff dries in minutes and it doesn't chip. Mullets are dumb (the hair, not the fish), and so are the people who fired me. The inventor of the burrito is brilliant, as is the person who thought up the pizza. Whoever decided it was OK to put rodent hairs and insect bits in hot dogs or any amount of lead in toys is an idiot.

I realize I have no experience or expertise in the area of television programing, I'm unemployed and my hub is a park ranger but even we knew that you shouldn't put Jay Leno on TV five nights a week. Now there's this big hullabaloo because its failing and its all over the news! Yawn. Most people are smart - nobody's the least bit surprised. Except the people on the news. And the ones who screwed Conan. And the ones who screwed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment