Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Leftovers

I have to apologize for last night's post. I was really tired and I so wanted to crawl into my bed with the hub and the dog; plus we'd been to a funeral and I was a little distracted; and the Giants game was on TV and they were winning. So that's why yesterday's post was so egregiously banal (My 8th grade teacher, Mr. Duff, was right - those words did come in handy...I AM glad he taught them to me - dammit.)

There were some thoughts bouncing around in my head and was afraid they would fall out if I didn't get them down before I fell asleep. So I wrote them down. Then today, I read through it again. It sucked (Hey, Mr. Duff - I picked that one up on my own - not fancy, but it works...). Then I got to thinking, I've left a few loose ends dangling, so I'll catch up...

I bought the Spanx! Its a pretty cool garment that, if I was a skank, I could wear as a dress. Its actually a different brand than Spanx, but it does the job. The bra, undies and slip are all one garment and it smooths out all the bumpy parts. There is a thin rubberized strip under the hem so it won't ride up. It also has stitching around the ass part that, if mine was perkier, would make it stand up and salute.

There's another word I found that sounds dirty but isn't. Its "diphthong" which sounds like something a skank (me if I wore my Spanx as a dress!) could wear in a swimming pool. Its actually a two vowel sound in a single syllable. Perfectly acceptable but it sounds gross.

Oh, yeah,aside from tonight, the Giants are winning! Timmy's last game wasn't a winner but it wasn't a loser either. It makes no sense. I think you have to be four years old and a rabid baseball fanatic to understand it. Also - yesterday, our four year old rabid baseball fanatic neighbor who has an imaginary baseball game going 24/7 added the National Anthem to his repertoire. Our across the street neighbor flies her flag nearly every day so he takes off his hat and faces it while belting out the song. Anybody who's out there joins in. Our across the street neighbor thinks we really like her...

Life is improving. Its not all better yet, but its getting there. As we all know, life is a journey, not a destination, and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, and that includes last night's post...

No comments:

Post a Comment