Monday, May 17, 2010

Multi Tasking

I have always been a good multi tasker. Even before there was a name for it, I could do ten things in rapid succession without forgetting one detail. Those were the days. I haven't blogged in more than a week because I've been preparing for a bridal shower. I never thought I was anal retentive until I started planning this soiree. The bride's colors are pink and orange so I became obsessed with acquiring pink and orange decor.

Did you know Michael's has pink ribbon with orange polka dots? And you can get paper lanterns in tons of colors online for a dollar or less each. If you hang them in bunches they are cooler looking than balloons and much greener because you can re-use them. Also online there are craft stores where you can get organza ribbon for a song! Big Lots has pink and orange plates, cutlery, and napkins.

I have begun to dream in pink and orange. I even see pink and orange when I close my eyes and I'm drawn to anything pink or orange in stores. Just the other day, I found myself in the Barbie aisle at Target, stroking box tops and hyperventilating. The nice lady at Newark Flowers ordered me pink and orange Gerbera daisies which looked great in the stemless wine glasses with pink aquarium rocks in the bottom. Not the neon pink rocks, the dark pink ones.

My finger nails are pink. My Snuggie is orange (with Giants logos on it!). I planted some pink and orange flowers in my yard, but my cat objected to the orange ones so now I have pink flowers and dead plants. About the time my brain returns to normal it will be time for the wedding and more pink and orange. The bride and her mom have got good taste, though, so it will be subtle and classy.

The shower was a success, though, and everybody had a good time. The girls were in the backyard eating finger food while the boys were in the front bottling beer (The hub is brewing the wedding suds). I thought we'd have to chase men away from our backyard buffet table but it turned out that the women kept invading the man-zone. We did take the fellas food to balance out the beer they were swilling. They especially liked the bean burger sliders. So did I. My son's mixologist girlfriend sent some drinks she made (a pink one and an orange one) that we could mix with champagne or club soda. We used champagne. They were delicious and didn't make it to the man cave.

So I can't party plan and blog at the same time. I can walk and chew gum, and I can eat & talk ( I know, I'm supposed to keep my mouth shut when eating, but sometimes I just gotta talk)...But I'm back - until the next fete...

Oh, yeah, here's a party detail I didn't anticipate - The place looked awesome, the food was good, and the place felt festive, birds were tweeting up a storm, but my 15 year old border collie got a toxic case of noxious gas. She can clear a room faster than a smoke alarm and she was in primo form during the party. Bless her heart. Next party maybe I'll send her next door to play...That's a detail I won't soon forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment